Friday, June 7, 2013

Preparations

Well, I found out ten days ago that I was getting to study abroad this summer and I leave in five days.
These two weeks of preparing for this trip have been just a little full with the following things:

  1. It's recital season! We have already had our three rehearsals and now we have one show tonight and two tomorrow. I am so blessed to be apart of the Rhythm and Shoes family and have thoroughly enjoyed this new experience.
  2. I am also working on picking up as many shifts as I can at Mellow Mushroom (where I wait tables) in order to save up some spending money for the trip. 
  3. I was anticipating studying French this summer instead of Arabic so I will admit that I haven't spoken or studied it in a good month. So I'm working on studying as much of Egyptian Colloquial as I can.
  4. The necessary and seemingly never ending pile of paperwork for all the preparations. 
  5. My lease on my apartment will be up while I am abroad so I'm also packing everything up and moving out.
  6. Researching and mentally preparing to live in a new culture for two months.
  7. Going through all the pre-departure materials and getting a packing list together. 

So, it's been just a tad bit busy over here. It is overwhelming but it is the exciting overwhelming, not the panic mode overwhelming. Although, I'm pretty sure that will kick in some time on Tuesday. :)

I'll be in touch.
Enjoy the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment